Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Battle royal

Hopefully by the end of the night we will know who won the brass ring; no matter who gets the presidency, I think We the People will be the losers. Right now it is 1800 here where I am, so the local stuff will be done before too long. I voted early this morning, so I feel I did my part for the day. Right now it's trying to snow off-and-on, but I don't think we'll get much during the night. Just enough bad weather to make all the joints hurt.

*********************************************

Feeling like a mix tonight; anyone like this bunch?

"It's My Life" by Bon Jovi and Sugarland
"Ride the Wild Surf" by Jan & Dean
"Baby Don't Do Me Wrong" by John Lee Hooker
"Wolverton Mountain" by Claude King
"Sometimes in Winter" by Blood, Sweat & Tears
"Bourree From Violin Partita No. 1, BWV 1002" by Andrés Segovia
"Honky Tonk Heroes" by Waylon Jennings
"More Than a Feeling" by Boston
"Maybellene" by Chuck Berry
"I Drink Alone" by George Thorogood

3 comments:

terri said...

I'm glad it's over. Time to support the new guy whether we liked him or not. He's our new leader. We have to hold him accountable.

Love Boston. Hate George Thorogood, mainly because my old neighbor listened to him incessantly.

BobG said...

terri: I hope he turns out better than I'm expecting.
Thorogood puts on a good concert. My wife and I saw him a couple of years ago, and the group really rocked.

Anonymous said...

"I Drink Alone" by George Thorogood


Great song!

So glad the elections are OVER.