Thursday, April 15, 2010

Unexpected consequences

A volcano erupting beneath a glacier in Iceland has shutdown air travel in the UK and a good portion of Europe.  There could be some climatic effects also, I would imagine.  Volcanoes have affected the weather in the past. 
I'm just wondering how long before some idiot blames the volcano on global warming.

****************************************************

For those who like to skinny dip and get in tune with Mother Nature, this should make your whole day.

****************************************************

For those of you who are hopelessly out of touch with things, today is Tax Day; better get your return in if it isn't already.

"The difference between death and taxes is death doesn't get worse every time Congress meets".
- Will Rogers

There are some in DC who are making noises about a VAT (value added tax), such as a lot of Europe uses.  Believe me, you do not want such a thing.  It just makes it easier for the federal government to squeeze harder on the taxpayers.


****************************************************

 Thinking about going to a gun show this weekend, haven't been to one in ages and it might be nice to see what's new, and possibly pick up a trinket or two.  Can't afford to go all out for BAG Day (Buy A Gun Day, April 15).

****************************************************



"Pancho and Lefty" by Willie Nelson
"Get Together" by The Youngbloods
"He Ain't Heavy, He's My Brother" by The Hollies
"No Fair at All" by The Association
"Some Velvet Morning" by Nancy Sinatra
"Over the Rainbow" by James Galway
"Summertime" by ReneƩ Olstead
"Guinnevere" by Crosby, Stills and Nash
"Two out of Three Ain't Bad" by Meat Loaf
"You Don't Have to Say You Love Me" by Dusty Springfield

The last two in the list:

One of his best, in my opinion.



The late and great Dusty Springfield

1 comment:

LeeAnn said...

I normally wear shoes when I venture outside, because this land is plagued with fireants and ankle-deep puddles. The leech thing now has me trying to put shoes on over my shoes.
Yes, I know that's what galoshes are for but I've lost mine somewhere. Possibly at a wedding.