Friday, January 04, 2008

Heat wave

It is just after noon here; and things are melting outside; it is 44ºF outside. This is the first time it has gone above freezing in a couple of weeks, so there is a lot of snow and ice outside that needs the warmer air, especially since we may have another snowstorm this weekend. If it gets up to 50º, I may have to put on my short pants and take a walk.
**************************************************
Was looking at my sitemeter this morning; I don't put much stock in how high it is, but I do like to see where people are coming from.
This one is a little weird, however:










What was interesting was the form of my blog that he was reading:










***********************************************

Top ten from today's playlist:

"Burnin' for You" by Blue Öyster Cult
"Sky Pilot" by Eric Burdon and the Animals
"Gear Jammer" by George Thorogood
"Maybellene" by Chuck Berry
"I Fall to Pieces" by Patsy Cline
"One Bourbon, One Scotch, One Beer" by John Lee Hooker
"The Lonely Bull" by Herb Alpert
"Find Another Fool" by Quarterflash
"Never My Love" by The Association
"I've Always Been Crazy" by Waylon Jennings

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I tell you what... I wouldn't mind visiting THAT city!

Anonymous said...

Can I get in on that trip?

none said...

This chinese fellow may need an Engrish refresher course.

LBJ said...

I just checked the radar. . hope you're weathering that storm as it blows through there. .

I'm just happy it warmed up above the 2 degrees we had all week.

BobG said...

It's a bit after 7:00 right now, and the snow is coming down fairly good.

H2o said...

I'm glad I live here in Texas. BRRR...

James Higham said...

44, Bob. Wow - long time since I was in that. The car tyres and asphalt melt and only airconditioning wil do.

Michele said...

Hehehe... that city search was hilarious.
Actually, it has been a bit warmer here as well with that Pineapple express blowing off the Pacific Ocean so it did bring in a bit of warmer air in compared to the last few weeks! Enjoy it while you can because it'll cool off again... bah.

Jay G said...

"Gearjammer"... One of my very favorite drivin' tunes, second only to "Move It On Over" (as performed by Lonesome George and the Delaware Destroyers). That one got me pulled over by the po-lice on three separate occasions...