Monday, March 22, 2010

The nanny state sets its claws in just a little deeper

I don't really see much good coming from this bill, a lot of money spent for something that won't even start happening for another four years.  And no one yet has read the whole thing to see what sort of little surprises are in store for us.  We do know that it is full of pork, however.  Interesting that the only way the Democratic party could get it passed was to bribe their own people.  And Congress and the Senate have their own health plan, of course.

"I can remember way back when a liberal was one who was generous with his own money."
-Will Rogers

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats."
- H. L. Mencken

*****************************************
Got looking at my posting dates, and it looks like I've been here for four years; my first post was 3/18/06.  Where does the time go?

*****************************************

My wife was in Denver visiting her brother for the weekend, so I went out and visited my mom Saturday.
It was fairly decent weather out her way, but a little chillier.


Double-click to enlarge pictures.

In some of my pictures at home, I have shots of the Oquirrh Mountains to the west of me.  This is a shot of them from the other side, over in Tooele Valley.  You can see the town of Tooele at the foot of the mountains.














This is a shot of the road from Grantsville to Rush Valley, where my mom lives.














Some of my mom's neighbors have llamas; they are very protective of sheep, very territorial, and have no problems fighting with and chasing off predators such as dogs, coyotes, and cougars.















An insulator from an old pole.


*****************************************

A little something for those of us who like both rock and classical:




H/T to James at Nourishing Obscurity

*****************************************

Some old, some older.

         "Kashmir" by Led Zeppelin
         "I've Always Been Crazy" by Waylon Jennings
         "God Only Knows" by The Beach Boys
         "I Won't Back Down" by Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers
         "Michelle" by The Beatles
         "Centerfold" by J. Geils Band
         "Knockin' on Heaven's Door" by Bob Dylan
         "Take on Me" by A-Ha
         "Theology/Civilization" by Basil Poledouris
         "The Actor" by The Moody Blues

The last two on the list:

This is from the soundtrack of Conan the Barbarian, an excellent composition from the late Basil Poledouris.




From the album In Search of the Lost Chord, one of my favorite albums of theirs, and in my opinion, has some of their best work.

6 comments:

meleah rebeccah said...

Wow! Congrats on four years of blogging! Thats terrific.

PS: I love ALL things Led Zeppelin, Beatles & Bob Dylan!

And these photos are fabulous!

ARUNA said...

Wow u've come a long way...so many yrs of blogging!!! Congrats!!
Those pics r just gorgeous!

BobG said...

Meleah: seems like I just started this blog a little while ago. You have good taste in music, and glad you like the photos.

Aruna: thank you for dropping by; some of the recipes at your blog look interesting.

meleah rebeccah said...

:)

Mike W. said...

The fact that Congress exempted itself should tell you what a pile of garbage the bill is.

I've started reading it. You won't believe the crap that's in it.

Congrats on hitting 4 years.

Mark @ Israel said...

The health care bill will be on the process of implementation and we are going to see if it realistically protects and supports the common populace. But I very much doubt if it will.