Friday, July 09, 2010

I'm still here

Getting some movement in my right shoulder, finally. Right now I can move my arm almost a half foot in any direction. W00t! Should know in a few days if my shoulder is going to be alright, or will need surgery. Back is still complaining about the abuse, but the swelling in my jaw is almost gone, though it is still painful and has some large scabs on it. Seem to have a constant headache, also. I may have gotten a slight concussion, but since I didn't lose consciousness completely, I doubt it.
A word of advice: Don't get clubbed in the jaw, it hurts, and it's embarrassing to get your ass handed to you by a piece of wood.

*******************************************************

Looks like the nation's left wing has decided to copy the tea party movement that they have been complaining about for months. Seems to show a lack of imagination to me.

The groups involved represent the core of the first-time voters who backed President Obama -- including the National Council of La Raza, NAACP, AFL-CIO, SEIU and the United States Student Association.

Now there's bunch of thugs, crooks and losers; personally, I wouldn't trust any of that bunch. I expect that they'll be too busy with each group trying to hijack the party for their own agenda.

*******************************************************

Does anyone really care about a rich, spoiled, idiot who can't keep her shit together, no matter how many breaks she gets? I'm getting real tired of seeing her every time I try to read the news.

*******************************************************

Mostly old stuff here; some of you might remember it from when you were quite young.

"American Pie" by Don McLean
"Burnin' for You" by Blue Öyster Cult
"Alone" by Heart
"Time of the Season" by The Zombies
"Summer Nights" by Marianne Faithfull
"Songs to Aging Children Come" by Joni Mitchell
"At the Zoo" by Simon & Garfunkel
"Love of the Common People" by Waylon Jennings
"Let It Out (Let It All Hang Out)" by Hombres
"Those Lazy-Hazy-Crazy Days of Summer" by Nat King Cole

An old one of Waylon's from the late sixties. The lyrics are still valid in the modern world.



This one is here just because it was funny and quirky.



Not only did he have a beautiful voice, this song was one of my favorites from the early sixties because the lyrics draw such a good picture of summer fun.

9 comments:

LeeAnn said...

Glad to hear you're mending well. I was wondering if you might have to send out for parts.

James Higham said...

Agree with you here but Bob:

Should know in a few days if my shoulder is going to be alright, or will need surgery.

... what's that? Is that your weapon holding shoulder?

BobG said...

LeeAnn: I actually wish I could replace some parts.

James: I managed to have an accident a couple of days ago in which I got a bruised and lacerated jaw, some pulled muscles in my back, and my right shoulder took a bad impact that has injured my rotator cuff assembly. It may heal, but if it is torn or ruptured, that would require surgery to repair. No shooting until it is better.

Kenny said...

Nice choice of tunes. As for Lohan or any of the other rich and famous I am bewildered why they are given so much air time and why people care. In the article you linked too Ms. Lohan said she was scared of jail, well I am also scared of jail and that is why I don't screw up very often. She may want to try beng sober and see how that works for her. Sorry for the rant

meleah rebeccah said...

Glad to hear you're slowly getting well!

BobG said...

Kenny: some people just don't seem to learn, do they?
Meleah: thanks for the good wishes

MauserMedic said...

"clubbed in the jaw"? I've taken a shot to the hand by a fast-moving piece of wood out of a hydraulic splitter, didn't much care for it. Hope you don't need surgery!

BobG said...

MauserMedic: this one was sort of dumb. I was moving some large limbs I had cut from a maple in my back yard. I lifted one up, and that is when it happened. Unknown to me, the limb under it was bowed from the weight, and when I moved the top limb, the bottom one (which was about four inches in diameter and about ten feet long) flexed, snapped through about a four foot arc, and slammed me upside the jaw, I was lifted off my feet and slung backwards, and made a one-point landing on my shoulder, which already suffers from tendinitis of the rotator cup. I also twisted half the muscles in my back (I already have four bad discs), so it didn't do me much good. Since it also knocked me out cold for a few seconds, there is a good chance I suffered a minor concussion in the deal. Right now not only does my shoulder hurt, it pops a lot, and I can't lift my arm at more than about a 30º angle. As a medic, you can appreciate the complications that could arise.

MauserMedic said...

Bob,

I've known people who've lost barfights with less injuries! Good luck with the shoulder; that's a complex joint. Sounds like you're being realistic in moderating activities to let it calm down. I see a lot of patients that think youth cures everything, regardless of the activities (usually get to see them more than once......).