Monday, April 18, 2011

A peek of spring

Decided I wasn't in the mood to comment on all the gloomy bullshit happening in the world today, and we have warm weather and sunshine, so I figured I'd post more of my sappy spring photos that I took today.
As usual, click on them to humongify (yeah, I know that isn't a word, but WTF)

Picture 1: Blood Plum blossoms
Picture 2: Daffodils next to my front porch
Picture 3: Bi-colored daffodil
Picture 4: Miniature daffodils (the flowers are only an inch across)
Pictures 5 and 6:  the first tulips opening in my yard; the rest are getting ready to bloom











******************************************************************

The stuff up above I typed in Saturday.  Just after I had saved it, I heard a whining form my computer, and my hard drive expired.  Put a new one in, and decided to upgrade my operating system from XP to Win 7.  Just getting things set up from backups.

******************************************************************

Lately I've been in the mood for a lot of old stuff; I don't know how much anyone will recognize.


         "To Cry You A Song" by Jethro Tull
 "Brown Eyed Girl" by Van Morrison
        "King of the Road" by Roger Miller
         "Substitute" by The Who
         "Under the Boardwalk" by The Drifters
         "Yesterday's Gone" by Chad and Jeremy
         "Homeward Bound" by Simon and Garfunkel
         "Runaway" by Del Shannon
         "All Your Love" by John Mayall, Eric Clapton, and the Bluesbreakers
        "Sunday Morning Coming Down" by Johnny Cash


Who could forget this tune?




An oldie from some of the best of the blues players.




I think a lot of us can empathize with this song; written by Kris Kristofferson and done by the Man in Black.

7 comments:

LeeAnn said...

Tulips are the most perfect flower, far as I can tell. Beautiful just long enough to make you love them, fade away just soon enough to make you look forward to the next ones.

Kenny said...

good music

BobG said...

LeeAnn: I grow lots of tulips; I have early, middle, and late blooming ones so that some are always there.

Kenny: hard to beat the classics, isn't it?

terri said...

Love the spring photos. Seems like an eternity since there was color and life in our world! Welcome Spring!

Brown-eyed Girl is one of my all time favorites. Also love King of the Road.

Wyatt Earp said...

Runaway is one of my all-time favorites. Classic cool.

meleah rebeccah said...

Beautiful photos. I love the Spring. But I hate the allergies that come with this weather!

James Higham said...

It was a down day in a lot of ways but the end of the week turned out better and those blooms look good.