Monday, October 10, 2011

Starting to get some fall weather around here.  We haven't had any frost yet, but we did get some snow and sleet last week, though none of it stuck at our elevation.
Thursday, I had this view of the Oquirrh Mountains to the west of my mailbox:













My vegetable garden is still ok, so the temperatures are still well above freezing at night, but we've been getting a lot of rain, wind, and cool weather.

**************************************************

A few days ago I received a box of  .45ACP ammo (PMC 230 grain bronze hardball) from an internet ammo company called Ammo.net to try out.  Their prices are relatively inexpensive compared to a lot of other companies, especially for good name brands, so I will be adding a link on my sidebar if anyone would like to check on their goods and prices.

**************************************************

NBA lockout still on.  You know, I can think of a lot of things more important than a bunch of guys getting paid enormous amounts of money to play games.
Yawn...

**************************************************

"You're the One" by The Vogues
"Eye in the Sky" by The Alan Parsons Project
"I Am the Walrus" by The Beatles
"Run to You" by Bryan Adams
"Midnight Rider" by The Allman Brothers
"Stay" by Maurice Williams & the Zodiacs
"I'm Alive" by Spooky Tooth
"Down In Mexico" by The Coasters
"Someday Never Comes" by Creedence Clearwater Revival
"The Midnight Special" by Johnny Rivers









3 comments:

terri said...

Well, it's good to know someone is getting some fall weather. Around here, it's been in the upper 70s and low 80s. Not that I'm complaining. Not really looking forward to the snow that will be here soon enough.

James Higham said...

Looked at that pic - you're in one beautiful part of the world there.

BobG said...

Terri: the mountain areas are getting cold, but down here in the valley we still haven't had a frost yet. I'm still picking tomatoes.
James: this is just average stuff around here; you should see some of the NICE scenery in this state.