This could have turned out a lot worse than it did.
A 5-year-old boy has made a full recovery from injuries sustained when a deer antler punctured his brain.
KTVX reports that Connor Schick was on a July camping trip with his family when he found a set of deer antlers. He picked them up, and while running tripped -- and an antler went through is left eye and into his brain.
Fortunately, the antler entered at an angle that spared his sight and serious neurological injury.
Well, at least he wasn't running with scissors...