Wednesday, April 30, 2008

An event you don't want to miss

Black Gold Testicle Festival

Home grown celebration from the ranching and team branding community. 2008 will be the 8th annual. Friends and family do the cooking. T-shirts available at the festival and year 'round.
Location: Rodeo arena in Woodruff, Utah
Date: Memorial Day weekend and the first weekend in June

For those of you who like exotic cuisine, this should fit the bill. I've never tried them myself, but I'm always open-minded about cooking.

************************************************

Finally got my garden area tilled up; just in time for a couple of days of ass-kicking wind, and cold temperatures; might not get my stuff in for a few days. Been weeding like crazy; for some reason we have an amazing bumper crop of dandelions and sand burrs this year. If my herbs and vegetables grow half as good, I'll be overjoyed.

*************************************************

Campaigns are getting a little more lively; Clinton is swinging away at Obama, Obama and his ex-pastor are taking turns pushing each other in front of the train, and McCain is sort of puttering around. I don't know of anyone who is voting for any of the candidates, they're all voting against someone. The promotions aren't as much of "My guy is best" as much as they are "My guy doesn't suck as much as the other guys". I guess you have to find some sort of relatively positive thing to say and go with it.

**************************************************

A few people seem to like the floral photographs, and I enjoy taking them. The top two are from my front sidewalk; I tend to like my bulbs scattered a bit, rather than in formal designs.
The bottom one is some blossoms on my Japanese blood plum tree.











**************************************************

Someone should have at least one or two favorites in this shuffle:

"I Can't Stop Loving You" by Martina McBride
"Turn the Page" by Bob Seger
"Who Will You Run To" by Heart
"Stairway to Heaven" by Led Zeppelin
"Those Lazy-Hazy-Crazy Days of Summer" by Nat King Cole
"Cruisin' With the Duece" by Quarterflash
"Tweeter and the Monkey Man" by The Traveling Wilburys
"Head over Heels" by The Go-Go's
"But You Know I Love You" by Kenny Rogers
"Takin' Care of Business" by Bachman-Turner Overdrive

13 comments:

JDP said...

Beautiful photos BobG.

JDP

Anonymous said...

I love the grape hyacinth amongst the daffodils; I always forget to get those planted. This fall I'll put them in for sure!

none said...

Great photos and I love BTO

James Higham said...

No candidate is particularly inspiring, Bob.

Anonymous said...

Your yard looks beautiful. I'm amazed at how well everything is blooming considering how crazy the weather has been this year.

I've always loved Bob Seger.

H2o said...

I love the flowers! I wish I had a green thumb. And I love all the songs on your list. I actually have a few of the CD's.

Marian Ann Love said...

Thanks for sharing your beautiful flowers with us...what type of camera are you using?

BobG said...

Marian-I'm not using anything special, just a Konica Minolta DiMAGE Z2 I've had for some time. I usually use 1400 X 1200 resolution in order to get better detail. It is small enough to fit in one of my larger pockets in the vest I wear most of the time.

Anonymous said...

what beautiful plants!! :)

I helped my mother garden this weekend too. It was excellent weather (not too hot)...but my allergies are OUT OF CONTROL!

BobG said...

Correction on the resolution I listed; I take my photos at 2272 X 1704 resolution on this camera. The 1400 X 1200 is for my other camera.

GUYK said...

testicle festival? mountain oysters? been a while but used to eat them..sweetthing never would. She allowed she just would not feel right eating part of sumthin that was still walking around..

Nunyaa said...

Eww LOL I couldn't be eating them either. Beautiful flower photos, my humble garden is nothing like yours.

Thud said...

spring/early summer finally arrived here over last week...very strange...nothing then a veritable green explosion.