Tuesday, April 06, 2010

If you believe in prayers, now is a good time

I'm hoping that the miners in the W Virginia mine blast will be found alive.  This sort of thing has a habit of not turning out well.  Here in Utah we have a long history of mining, and have seen tragedies of this sort ourselves, some quite bad over the years.  Good luck and best wishes to all of those miners and their families who are involved.

*******************************************

Was hoping for spring, but got another couple of inches of snow during the night.  Didn't feel like going out in the cold for pictures today.  We could use a little bit of that global warming, Al.

*******************************************

Was watching the POTUS's response to a woman's question about being overtaxed.
Damn, but that guy isn't worth a damn at speaking without a speech all written up and on his teleprompter. (Which has me wondering; if something happens to him, who is next in line, Joe Biden or the teleprompter?)
I thought GW was bad, but even he didn't babble on in three different directions for that long and to no perceivable purpose.  All the Big O had to do was answer/respond to the question, but he tried to turn that into some sort of half-assed campaign speech.
Just my opinion.

*******************************************

 This gizmo is hailed as being great for developing countries, but I think it looks like a damn good idea for industrialized countries also.  I wouldn't mind having a couple around here or when a person goes up camping.  Looks like it could also be good for emergency situations, and is fairly cheap to manufacture.

*******************************************
Lack of sleep and the weather has me a bit down; when that happens real old music tends to cheer me up.   I'm not one for a lot of nostalgia; the world has changed, and sitting around pissing and moaning about how things used to be better isn't really my style, but for some reason the sounds I listened to growing up seem to make me feel a little better.  Make of that what you will.

         "You Didn't Have to Be So Nice" by The Lovin' Spoonful
         "Gypsy" by The Moody Blues
         "To Sir with Love" by Lulu
         "Rebel Rouser" by Duane Eddy
         "Wichita Lineman" by Glen Campbell
         "Runaway" by Del Shannon
         "Willow Weep for Me" by Chad And Jeremy
         "Squeeze Box" by The Who
         "Kicks" by Paul Revere & the Raiders
         "White Rabbit" by Jefferson Airplane

The last three in the list:

This was the first anti-drug song I remember; came out in 1966, if I remember right.



How can anyone not cheer up when hearing this old classic?



Anyone growing up in the sixties is familiar with this one.

2 comments:

meleah rebeccah said...

I too am praying that the miners in the W Virginia mine blast will be found alive.

I cant believe its snowing where you are. Its been 90 degrees over here!

And I gotta say hearing the song "White Rabbit" by Jefferson Airplane always makes me happy!

theirritablearchitect said...

just love White Rabbit.