Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Hi, remember me?

Still not feeling up to snuff. Have been getting about 3 to 4 hours sleep a night, so I tend to be a little rundown during the day, and have trouble doing any really focused thinking. Still working on my shoulder, but it is not responding as quickly as the therapist would like. I still can't raise my arm high enough to the front to even shake hands with people. Shoulder feels tight and throbs continuously due to the physical therapy, but it has gotten a little stronger in other areas. The holdup seems to be one head of my bicep. My bicep was torn off, and had to be re-attached, so it is responding slowly. So goes that battle.

********************************************************

Looks like some nitwit decided to take potshots at the Pentagon, luckily no one was hurt. I imagine those on the far right will blame it on Muslims, and those on the far left will claim it was done by militia or tea party members. I'm betting it's just some dumbass with a rifle and no common sense.

********************************************************

Both parties are getting ready for the voting in a couple of weeks. I expect the political ads to get even more heated the closer we get to elections. Both sides will be lying to the public, and the mainstream media will be right in there with them, depending on which side they are on at the time. I'm hoping there will be a few shakeups this year; some of the incumbents are getting too comfortable in their positions.

“The Democrats are the party that says government will make you smarter, taller, richer, and remove the crabgrass on your lawn.
The Republicans are the party that says government doesn't work and then they get elected and prove it. ”
-P.J. O'Rourke


********************************************************

Any favorites or comments on this bunch?

"Spooky" by Classics IV
"Angel of the Morning" by Merrillee Rush
"With a Little Help from My Friends" by The Beatles
"I Won't Back Down" by Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers
"I Can't Help Falling In Love " by Elvis Presley
"The Girl From Ipanema" by Astrud Gilberto
"Goodnight My Love" by The Happenings
"Crying In the Rain" by A-ha
"Got My Mind Set On You" George Harrison
"California Dreaming" by Beach Boys



I like this version better than the old one by the Everly Brothers.




One of my favorite Beatles.




Good arrangement of an old classic; I like the instrumental selection a little better than the original.

5 comments:

Kenny said...

Sorry that the healing process is going so slow. Just hang in there.

Love your choice of tunes.

meleah rebeccah said...

Oh man, Im sorry you're still not feeling better. That stinks. I know how frustrating it can be. I really feel for you.

My favorite on the list was
"With a Little Help from My Friends" by The Beatles

:)

fidelity said...

"I'm betting it's just some dumbass with a rifle and no common sense."

So true.

BobG said...

Kenny: thanks, it's one of those things that just seems to get slower the older we get.

Meleah: glad to hear that you're doing better; mine is just one of those things that takes time.

Fidelity: thanks for dropping by. It's been my experience that more dumb shit is done by idiots than by conspiracies.

James Higham said...

You hang in there and get yourself better.