Monday, October 04, 2010

“Stress is when you wake up screaming and you realize you haven't fallen asleep yet”. -Unknown

Was hoping to get back here before now, but shit happens. Between stuff going on, and not sleeping well, I don't seem to have as much time and energy sometimes. Hopefully my shoulder and back will get better over the next couple of months.



**************************************************

Last Tuesday my brother and I went up in the hills again, found a few more interesting photo ops.

Click pictures to enlarge

Lambs ears

Wasp nest (luckily it was unoccupied)

Brown trout






**************************************************

Saturday I had to go out to my mom's place; there had been a grass fire that had hit part of her home.  She was checked out and is physically fine, but it's not a good thing.  Evidently, a bird managed to blow a line on top of the power pole running to her trailer, and the sparks started the fire.

Click pictures to enlarge

The culprit

Area where fire hit the trailer





**************************************************

A lot of old stuff here. Anything familiar, any comments?

"Misery and the Blues" by Maria Muldaur
"Hellhound on My Trail" by Robert Johnson
"Maggie May" by Rod Stewart
"Dream Weaver" by Gary Wright
"Blue Suede Shoes" by Carl Perkins
"Stardust" by Artie Shaw
"Gimme All Your Lovin'" by ZZ Top
" All Strung Out" by Nino Tempo and April Stevens
"Wild Summer Nights" by John Cafferty & the Beaver Brown Band
"Bridge over Troubled Water" by Simon & Garfunkel

You can certainly hear Phil Spector's hand in this one.



This one always makes me think of driving on a warm summer night with the top down on the Jeep.



I've always been fond of these guys; not only can Paul Simon play guitar, he writes lyrics as only a poet can.

6 comments:

James Higham said...

Saturday I had to go out to my mom's place; there had been a grass fire that had hit part of her home.

Not too many people I know in a position to be able to say that.

terri said...

Sorry to hear you're still not feeling great. Keep hanging in there.

Glad your mom is okay. Scary stuff. Damn bird!

doubletrouble said...

Followed your comment link back here from Og's place.

My condolences- it appears you're as old as me- but WTF happened to the shoulder? I followed your posts back to 1978 & couldn't find the story- thanks for wasting my life over here.

Good tunes though.

Funny- I posted the “whip ass” duck last night…

BobG said...

James: they get grass fires out by her quite often.

Terri: good to hear from you; it's amazing how much trouble a starling can cause.

Doubletrouble: had to get my shoulder rebuilt; the shoulder was injured when I was knocked off my feet by a tree branch and made a one-point landing directly on my shoulder, which blew out all the tendons and ligaments in my shoulder, including my biceps. Not fun. Thanks for stopping by; I visit your blog quite a bit.

James Higham said...

Maggie May - with J'Anna Jacoby, of course.

meleah rebeccah said...

Oh Bob. I really hope YOU start to feel better soon. It's awful when your in pain and you can't sleep properly.

Thank goodness your mother is okay.