Monday, May 07, 2007

Goblins in training

Sounds like some kids are getting an early start on a life of crime.

MILWAUKEE (AP) — What would be the best prize ever if you were a child burglar? How about milk, Popsicles, paper, crayons and Play-Doh?

That is what police say a pair of boys took during two break-ins at a Milwaukee day care center.

An 8-year-old and 10-year-old broke into Day Care Services for Children, Inc. on Sunday.

A witness photographed the 8- and 10-year-old boys breaking a window and leaving with two large bags around 4:30 p.m. Sunday, Schwartz said. The boys also set off the day care's alarm, she said.

They allegedly grabbed paper, crayons and Play-Doh.


I know a lot of people will roll their eyes and say "Big deal" when hearing of this, but it is more serious than it looks.
These kids are breaking into a locked building to steal items. If they are not disciplined properly, what is to keep them from repeating this later in life, for more expensive items? This sounds like a parenting problem to me.
Just my opinion.

4 comments:

Chickie Carmarthen said...

That is really sad...but they won't get shit for punishment, which will then serve to reinforce the behaviour and it will be repeated. Ugh.

Ambulance Driver said...

Yep, it's a major parenting problem.

My parents made plenty of mistakes, but I'll never forget the day I can home from the local grocer with a Chick O Stick and couldn't explain to Mom how I paid for it. After she finally got me to admit I had stolen it, she marched me down there and made me fess up. I had already eaten most of it, so Mom volunteered me to sweep up his store for a week. Mr. Butitta said that wasn't necessary, but Mom insisted.

And sweep I did, for one week. By the seventh day, my ass wasn't nearly as tender either.

And I never ever stole another thing.

none said...

Sounds like an acute case of lackoasswhoopin.

Kirsten N. Namskau said...

I think many parents don't dear to be parents these days. Because in whatever way they try to rise their children, they are breaking one or another kind of law....and this is the result.
This could turn out to be a big forum of discussion.