Wednesday, May 16, 2007

The spin machine keeps cranking...

Once again the Brady Bunch is sending out the frantic drivel that has become their trademark; they can't seem to let go of the Virginia Tech massacre. This at the top of their latest e-mail:

One Month after the Virginia Tech Tragedy and We're Still Asking Our Officials:
"What Are YOU Going to Do about Gun Violence?"

Down at the bottom of the page we find this:

Here's What You Can Do about It:

Make a $32 donation today
E-mail the President and Congressional leaders
Ask the presidential candidates to take a stand
Get involved locally: contact your local Million Mom March Chapter
Get your local religious community involved
Sign our petition
View, and forward to Congress, Paul Helmke's Call to Action

Notice the first item on the list; they want you to give them money. I think this letter speaks for itself.

4 comments:

Scott Freeman said...

If I were in the US, I would:

Make a $32 donation today - to the NRA of the USA (I won't donate to the NRA of Great Britain because they let fullbore semi-autos be banned!)
E-mail the President and Congressional leaders - asking them to repeal harmful anti-gun legislation
Ask the presidential candidates to take a stand - against gun control
Get involved locally: contact my local JPFO represntetive
Get my local religious community involved - in the fight against gun control

meleah rebeccah said...

I agree the letter is a bit, obnoxious, however, something really does need to be done to prevent things like this happening again, even if that means making major changes in our system.

BobG said...

The only problem is that nothing the Brady Bunch does is doing any good; they are attacking the tool rather than the person wielding it, which is non-productive.

The Conservative UAW Guy said...

I get their emails too.
Amazingly, when I respond to them with my typical sarcasm and vitriol, they never email me back.

But they never take me off of their list, either...