Friday, July 20, 2007

I've been expecting this

Since the Parker case has been submitted to the SCOTUS, the Brady Bunch has gone into hysterics again. I just got this in an email this morning:

District of Columbia Mayor Adrian Fenty announced this week that the District will ask the U.S. Supreme Court to review the decision in Parker v. District of Columbia — an assault on D.C. gun laws and one that could threaten every city's gun laws.

The U.S. Supreme Court could decide in about three months whether they will hear the case and each month brings a tidal wave of work for the Brady Center to defend our nation's gun laws. We must be geared-up to fight this battle. Simply put: we need your support today!

Please click here to make a tax-deductible commitment of $25 or more. Your gift today will help us prepare for the incredibly large amount of work that needs to be conducted to hold off this assault on our nation's gun laws.

You'll recall, in a 2-1 decision this past spring, a federal Appeals Court overturned Washington D.C.'s long-standing restrictions on handguns based on a twisted view of the Second Amendment to the U.S. Constitution, while ignoring more than 60 years of precedent — a decision that endangers America's gun laws coast-to-coast.

This battle — to its very core — is the most important battle we have ever waged. We need your help today to save America's gun laws by building a strong Brady Gun Law Defense Fund.

Your tax-deductible gift of $25 or more today is critical to our success!

We must prepare for a long hard battle. So much of what we have worked for in the past and everything we're currently working on could be destroyed by the heinous decision of right-wing activist judges who chose to ignore more than 60 years of precedent in order to help the gun lobby accomplish in the courts what it has been unable to accomplish in Congress.



Notice how they don't waste much time panhandling for money? And distorting and lying (as usual)? These bozos are so predictable. If they would even try to give some semblance of truth, rather than the ridiculous drivel that they spew into the media. I need another cup of coffee to get the bad taste out of my mouth after hearing from them...

7 comments:

Bonnie said...

In all fairness, they're not the only ones soliciting money for things that other people might view as irresponsibililty and poor planning (otherwise known as "stupid reasons").

I joined the Libertarian Party of TN a few years ago, and a new Communications Director (or something like that) was hired about a year after I joined. They changed the dues from "optional donation, $25 suggested" to "$25 required, or you can't be a member - and you have to pay more than that to get a nifty plastic card that won't fall apart due to butt-sweat". Then they sent out a metric ton of letters and emails BEGGING for money because they were in so much debt. There was never any discussion as to where the money was going, just that it was "desperately needed for the Libertarian cause". Way to be vague, buddy - for all I know, I could be paying for sodas for your fridge at home. And aren't mandatory dues decidedly UN-Libertarian? Needless to say, my membership has "expired".

Anyway, while I don't agree with what those Brady people are raising the money for, there are plenty of people I might agree with who are doing the same whining, finagling, worthless spamming - and at least the Brady bunch has the decency to tell you what they're spending the money on. Even if it is a load of BS.

I'm curious - why do you receive these emails? Just to keep abreast of what the "other side" is thinking/doing?

Brandon said...

One can only hope that, given their desperate grasping for money, that they're about to collapse financially. Their credibility collapsed a long, long time ago (assuming they ever had any to begin with).

NotClauswitz said...

Their financial collapse would be welcome news!

BobG said...

I sent them a rude letter once, and they got even by putting me on their mailing list. At least this way I get a line on their bullshit as soon as it leaves the their orifice...excuse me, I mean office.

Bonnie said...

Hahaha...Marsha Blackburn's people keep sending me letters in the mail thanking me for my support, after I signed an online petition to keep net neutrality...she's against it, so obviously I wasn't supporting her. *rolls eyes* They hear what they want to.

GUYK said...

I will not donate another dime to save my right to bear arms..but I will go out and by some ammo to protect this right.

Anonymous said...

O.K., how's come the Brady Brats are tax-deductible, and the NRA ain't? Inquiring minds want to know!