Thursday, July 26, 2007

Police arrest two in hypothermia death of 9-year-old boy in Salt Lake

Police have arrested two people in the death of a 9-year-old boy who apparently succumbed to hypothermia in a downtown restaurant after being placed in a trash can full of ice water.
Pedro Gaucin-Canales, 36, was booked into jail Wednesday after he told police he and another person put the child in the water at the Melting Pot fondue restaurant, where firefighters found the child dead in the kitchen about 9:30 a.m. Sunday, according to a jail booking report.
Rebecca Hernandez-Velasco, 19, the victim's sister, was booked into jail this morning on suspicion of child-abuse homicide.
Both suspects were employees of the restaurant.


What is wrong with people like that? Can anyone tell me a legitimate reason to stick a child in a garbage can full of ice water? I can't imagine doing something like this to a little kid.

11 comments:

Bonnie said...

I'm a big fan of the "small cuts with lemon juice" punishment. On their eyeballs.

H2o said...

WTF??? They ought to put him in head first and hold him down.

Kenny said...

This is so wrong. I have to believe there is a special place in hell for folks like this.

Brandon said...

Long drop, short rope.

SpeakerTweaker said...

I try not to pay attention to stories like these (no offense, Bob). When they come on the news, I turn the channel. So I don't know what possessed me to read this one. That being said...

I hope to all deity that there's a special frozen version of Hell, and these bastards have a first-class ticket.

I'll even provide transportation.



tweaker

JDP said...

People like that should be taken off and shot.

JDP

Chevy Rose said...

Unfortuately, since humans have ceased treasuring their young by legalizing abortions, children are treated by some as throw-away garbage.
Let's hope their jury will give them the maximum, unless their lawyers can "work" a deal for mental problems first.

There's a suggestion to insert micro-chips into pedophiles in order to locate them, because there are so many walking freely among us. I suggest burying them, then we'll always know where to find them. But that's just me.

MauserMedic said...

I hate child abusers with a passion. I'm a big fan of the noose for this one, but with a slow lifting motion rather than a fast drop.

Kirsten N. Namskau said...

Something has gone wrong in the mind of humanity.
More and more people goes more and more "crazy" in their behavior. Soon it is the normal people that will be looked at as crazy...

none said...

The parents should be killed the same way.

Disgusting.

UBERMOUTH said...

BOggles the mind that these people should even be thought of as human.