Monday, December 08, 2008

A meme

This meme has been going around so much that I think I am one of the last three people on the Internet that has not done it yet. The ones in boldface are the ones I've done:

100 things I've done.

1. Started your own blog.
(Duh)
2. Slept under the stars. (Some of my happiest childhood memories)
3. Played in a band.
4. Visited Hawaii.
5. Watched a meteor shower.
6. Given more than you can afford to charity.
7. Been to Disneyland. (Back in the late fifties; it's changed since then.)
8. Climbed a mountain. (Hiked up to the top of a mountain, does that count?)
9. Held a praying mantis. (Lots of times; I think they are cool.)
10. Sang a solo.
11. Bungee jumped. (HELL NO!)
12. Visited Paris. (Only Paris I've been to is Paris, Idaho)
13. Watched a lightning storm at sea.
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch.
15. Adopted a child.
16. Had food poisoning.
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty.
18. Grown your own vegetables.

19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France.
20. Slept on an overnight train.
21. Had a pillow fight.
22. Hitch hiked.
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill. (Hasn't everyone?)
24. Built a snow fort.
25. Held a lamb.
26. Gone skinny dipping.
27. Run a Marathon. (Are you kidding?)
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice.
29. Seen a total eclipse. (Only of the moon.)
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset.
31. Hit a home run.
32. Been on a cruise.
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person.
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors.
35. Seen an Amish community. (Drove by one years ago in Ohio)
36. Taught yourself a new language. (Not fluently)
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied.
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person.
39. Gone rock climbing.
40. Seen Michelangelo's David.
41. Sung karaoke.
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt. (Several times)
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant.
44. Visited Africa.
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight. (But it wasn't an ocean beach)
46. Been transported in an ambulance. (At least the second time I was conscious)
47. Had your portrait painted.
48. Gone deep sea fishing.
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person.
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris.
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling.
52. Kissed in the rain.
53. Played in the mud.
54. Gone to a drive-in theater. (Been to more drive-in theaters than indoor ones)
55. Been in a movie.
56. Visited the Great Wall of China.
57. Started a business.
58. Taken a martial arts class.
59. Visited Russia.
60. Served at a soup kitchen.
61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies.
62. Gone whale watching.
63. Got flowers for no reason.
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma.
65. Gone sky diving. (NO FREAKIN' WAY!)
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp.
67. Bounced a check.
68. Flown in a helicopter.
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy. (Up in my closet I still have a teddy bear from when I was two years old)
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial.
71. Eaten Caviar.
72. Pieced a quilt.
73. Stood in Times Square.
74. Toured the Everglades.
75. Been fired from a job. (I have been laid-off more than once, however)
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London.
77. Broken a bone. (Lots of them)
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle.
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person.
80. Published a book. (Helped write a repair manual once, but it was just at the place I worked.)
81. Visited the Vatican.
82. Bought a brand new car. (More than once)
83. Walked in Jerusalem.
84. Had your picture in the newspaper.
85. Read the entire Bible. (It was a long time ago.)
86. Visited the White House.
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating. (Lots of times)
88. Had chickenpox.
89. Saved someone’s life. (Three separate times, as a matter of fact)
90. Sat on a jury. (Federal court for a bank robbery.)
91. Met someone famous. (Meh.)
92. Joined a book club.
93. Lost a loved one. (You don't get to be my age without that happening a few times.)
94. Had a baby.
95. Seen the Alamo in person.
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake. (I've floated in it; it is too buoyant in which to to swim.)
97. Been involved in a law suit.
98. Owned a cell phone.
99. Been stung by a bee.
100. Read an entire book in one day. (More than once.)


As you can tell, I don't get out much.

******************************************************

Playlist is sort of melancholy today; snowed this morning. Should be a few familiar ones in here to anyone who has ever had the blues.

"I Am a Rock" by Simon & Garfunkel
"With or Without You" by U2
"Sometimes in Winter" by Blood, Sweat & Tears
"Misery and the Blues" by Maria Muldaur
"It's Only Make Believe" by Conway Twitty
"The Thrill Is Gone" by B.B. King
"If You Could Read My Mind" by Gordon Lightfoot
"The Streets of Laredo" by Eddy Arnold
"Alone" by Heart
"Red, Red Wine" by Neil Diamond

13 comments:

terri said...

I have not done that meme. It's fun to see the things you've done. Lots on there that I haven't done and lots that I have too.

We're getting hit with the snow this week. My drive time was doubled getting home last night and we're going to get more this week. Fun fun.

I see a few faves on your list: U2, Conway Twitty (that's my favorite of his) and Gordon Lightfoot.

Kenny said...

I have never done a meme, maybe I will do this one

UBERMOUTH said...

What famous person did you meet?

BobG said...

terri: I haven't done near as much as I'd like to do.

Kenny: You've probably gotten out more than I have.

Ubermouth: a couple of actors at times; you run into them at Sundance now and then. A few of them have homes here in Utah, especially in Park City and Deer Valley. Elvis Presley visited a dojo I was at once, but he was in no shape to do much besided stagger and bump into his bodyguards a lot.

James Higham said...

Visited Russia eh?

BobG said...

James: No, I haven't visited Russia, I'm afraid. I have eaten Russian caviar, but it was imported. I have known a few Russians though; during the sixties Salt Lake was a popular place to relocate Russian defectors.

Buckaroo Banzai said...

Oh, I thought #2 was "Slept Under the Stairs!" Too early for me. :)

Michele said...

Nah... Haven't done this one either. Maybe I'll get brave and do it but then again maybe I won't .... LOL... it's kind of cool learning about our friends though so I'll keep it in mind!!

I want to thank you for coming by my blog while I was feeling so sick in the last few weeks. It really means a lot....
I hope you are doing well these days...
~Michele~

BobG said...

Wyatt: Have you slept under the stairs Wyatt? LOL

Michele: I am glad to see you are up and about; you had a lot of us really worried about you.

James Higham said...

during the sixties Salt Lake was a popular place to relocate Russian defectors.

That's interesting.

Comrade Misfit said...

Odd. The meme I found had 110 items.

Anonymous said...

I haven't done this meme, but I will now!

You have done some amazing things, like SAVING Lives!

BobG said...

James: They were able to blend in easily; this area has a lot of diversity.

Misfit: Some people have added to it.

Meleah: I actually haven't done a real lot, but helping save a child and two adults is one of the better things I did. One I rescued from a bad situation, the other two I kept alive until the paramedics could take over. Nothing special.