Sunday, December 30, 2007

2007 is winding down

Another year shot in the ass. Seems like I had a lot of plans that never seemed to get completely off the ground. Anyone else have that feeling? Hopefully this coming year will be different. I know I need to get my health squared away; more cardio exercise and drop more pounds, if I want to keep my heart from failing on me again.
Getting things taken care of around here is up high on the list, also. Seems like since my health went bad I got messier; I used to keep things a lot neater than I do now. That needs to get back on track. If I can clean up my act, maybe I'll feel like blogging more. There are a lot of people who come by here to visit and chat, and I'd like to tell you that I appreciate the company; visiting others and having them take the trouble to stop by at my mad ravings is one of the higher points of my day, sometimes. Are there any subjects or thoughts that any of you would like to share or to have me share with you? I'm not always sure what I want to blog about, so sometimes my thoughts tend to wander about like a stoned sheep. Thanks for bearing with me.

Have sort of a moody playlist today; most are older, but some of you may recognize a few of them in the top ten of the list.

"Rebel Yell" by Billy Idol
"Red, Red Wine" by Neil Diamond
"Turn the Page" by Bob Seger
"It's My Life" by Bon Jovi
"Someday Never Comes" by Creedence Clearwater Revival
"Bridge over Troubled Water" by Simon & Garfunkel
"Honky Tonk Blues" by Hank Williams
"Where Have All the Flowers Gone?" by Johnny Rivers
"And the Tide Rushes In" by The Moody Blues
"Always On My Mind" by Willie Nelson

Anyone have any opinions, or memories associated with any of those?

7 comments:

Erica said...

Every song you have listed is AWESOME, except...of all the Neil songs you have to go with, "Red, Red Wine??"

Lately I've been really into this one.

BobG said...

I tend to go with the older Diamond songs; that one was always one of my favorites back in the sixties. I'm surprised someone your age knows many of the older ones from that time.

H2o said...

Rebel Yell was so popular back when I was in High School. Yeah, I'm old...

none said...

The moody blues was and is my all time favorite.

I hope your health improves. I'm working on mine as well.

Kenny said...

good tunes

Anonymous said...

Happy 2008!

I am also having some health issues. I think many of us are looking forward to positive changes in the coming year.

Anonymous said...

Happy New Years Eve!! xxoo :)