Monday, December 31, 2007

Last post of the year

Back from running errands and working out at the gym. Lifting weights was a lot easier 40 years ago...
Be nice to unwind a bit tonight; we'll be going to some friends for the evening, so I'm making up a couple of bowls of chip dip for the evening; shrimp-garlic, and a lime and cilantro bean dip. Both are usually liked by people, and they are healthy (though the chips usually aren't).
For those who like tasty fried stuff (in moderation), my wife learned how to make beƱuelos, which are a bit like a crisp sopapilla with a bit of sugar and cinnamon.
They are about eight or nine inches across, but are very thin and light. They are quite good with a cup of coffee or tea.











So far I haven't gained any weight over the holidays, so if I keep moderation in mind, I should be ok. Hope all of you have a good New Year's Eve, and that the coming year is a good one.


Today's playlist seems to be a little more upbeat; at least the top ten in the list are. The majority of them are probably older than half my visitors however. What can I say? I like the moldy-oldies better...

"It Was a Very Good Year" by Frank Sinatra
"Maggie May" by Rod Stewart
"Rhinestone Cowboy" by Glen Campbell
"Squeeze Box" by The Who
"She's My Girl" by The Turtles
"Eternity Road" by The Moody Blues
"Runnin' Blue" by The Doors
"Eight Miles High" by The Byrds
"I Got a Line on You" by Spirit
"Ball and Chain" by Janis Joplin & Her Kozmic Blues Band

9 comments:

none said...

benuelos are fantastic. I think they were invented by the native americans. Great with honey on em too.

BobG said...

They remind me a bit of Navajo fry bread, only a bit lighter.

AlanDP said...

I love those things. It's been a long time since I had any, though.

LBJ said...

Frisbees from Heaven! My Lord, those look good.

Have a wonderful new year Bob. .your friendship here in this household is treasured.

Linda

Kenny said...

Bob

great play list, have a Happy New Year

H2o said...

Oh those look good. Since you've been lifting weights you could toss me one down to Texas ;)

NotClauswitz said...

Any bread you fry has got to be good!

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year BOB!!!

Anonymous said...

ps.... Ball & Chain by Janis is one of my FAVORITES ever.