Monday, December 24, 2007

Best holiday wishes to all

Looking at the news, there is a lot wrong with the world, but in the spirit of the season, there will be none of the usual ranting, raving, bitching or complaining today. It was good to see that there were people out there who actually noticed my absence; I wasn't too sure of anyone coming around once I got back on line.

My music mood today has been all over the place; the top ten on today's playlist shows that:

"(Sittin' On) The Dock of the Bay" by Otis Redding
"If You Don't Like Hank Williams" by Kris Kristofferson
"With You There to Help Me" by Jethro Tull
"She's a Lady" by Tom Jones
"These Dreams" by Heart
"Perfect" by Sara Evans
"If You Could Read My Mind" by Gordon Lightfoot
"You Don't Have to Say You Love Me" by Dusty Springfield
"Georgia on My Mind" by Ray Charles
"Bring Me Some Water" by Melissa Etheridge

Some old, some newer. Anyone who is familiar with all of them?

7 comments:

the pistolero said...

Good stuff, love Gordon Lightfoot. Willie Nelson had the definitive recording of "Georgia," though.

AlanDP said...

Many years ago I knew a petite, green-eyed blond who played bass, but she didn't have the talent of reverse-engineering songs by ear like I did (do). So one afternoon I took my keyboard over to her apartment and spent several hours teaching her both "These Dreams" and "What About Love."

That afternoon I felt like the luckiest music nerd in the world.

I don't know what ever became of her.

JDP said...

Merry Christmas

JDP

GUYK said...

Merry Christmas Bob...and that song at the top of the list is an old time favorite of mine..I think I'll see if I can find it on you tube

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas XXOO :)

none said...

Those are some great songs.

Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

It's been four days since this post. Just wanted you to know that someone misses you! ;)