Thursday, December 06, 2007

Professional hand-wringers...

I see where the MSM is falling all over themselves to report on Romney's talk about his religion. WHO THE HELL CARES? I can think of several reasons not to vote for him without bringing in the fact that he wears funny underwear (here in Utah, we non-LDS refer to them as "angel pants" or "chapel chaps"); I don't like his way of changing his platform every time he talks to someone different. Who he (or any other candidate) prays to is irrelevant to me. It seems as if the journalists go out of their way to find the least little thing, and try to magnify it into pant-wetting proportions.

I don't have a real lot to say about the shootings in Omaha; once again some kid falls out of his tree and takes it out on a bunch of innocent people. He had a history of drug abuse, was mentally off, and was a felon. Why did anyone think a "No Guns Allowed" sign would keep them safe from him? And why did they think laws prohibiting him from having a firearm would keep him from acquiring one? I notice the MSM is going on about an "AK-47 automatic assault rifle"; too bad they don't have a clue what they're talking about. It seems as if half the people in journalism are as stupid as most actors; what is it about the media that attracts idiots?

Time for some music, maybe that will cheer me up on a gloomy day. The top ten on the playlist for today:

"Welcome to My Nightmare" by Alice Cooper
"Sundown" by Gordon Lightfoot
"Alone" by Heart
"I Just Want to Make Love to You" by Muddy Waters
"Essence of Now" by It's a Beautiful Day
"Purple Haze" by Jimi Hendrix
"Snowblind Friend" by Steppenwolf
"El Nicoya" by Santana
"Tube Snake Boogie" by ZZ Top
"Black Blade" by Blue Öyster Cult

12 comments:

none said...

From what I understand romney isn't big on the 2nd Amendment.

That's my one issue.

Terri said...

I'm so sick of the copy cat mass shootings. This country is full of insanity. Makes me scared to let my kids go anywhere anymore.

As for the music... Sundown... yeah, there's a great song. Haven't heard it in a long time, so I may have to go find that one on one of the music sites and add it to one of the playlists.

Kenny said...

I don't know what you can do to stop a freak like that. Every time something like this happens the attacks on our freedoms increase. Believe it or not I got a phone call from the Sharah Brady bunch this evening

James Higham said...

He had a history of drug abuse, was mentally off, and was a felon.

Sort of like Lee Harvey Oswald, Bob?

BobG said...

I don't know if I could compare him to Oswald. This was a person who wanted to commit suicide, but was afraid no one would notice or care. Oswald was goofy, but he had no intentions of suicide. Totally different mindset.

KurtP said...

AND the MSM is doing his bidding by repeating his name every time they report on it.'
I wonder if it would slow those idiots down if the MSM reported that "Some dunb@ss decided to commit suicide-by-cop today and left a message that we refuse to air"? and stuck to it.

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei seu blog pelo google está bem interessante gostei desse post. Gostaria de falar sobre o CresceNet. O CresceNet é um provedor de internet discada que remunera seus usuários pelo tempo conectado. Exatamente isso que você leu, estão pagando para você conectar. O provedor paga 20 centavos por hora de conexão discada com ligação local para mais de 2100 cidades do Brasil. O CresceNet tem um acelerador de conexão, que deixa sua conexão até 10 vezes mais rápida. Quem utiliza banda larga pode lucrar também, basta se cadastrar no CresceNet e quando for dormir conectar por discada, é possível pagar a ADSL só com o dinheiro da discada. Nos horários de minuto único o gasto com telefone é mínimo e a remuneração do CresceNet generosa. Se você quiser linkar o Cresce.Net(www.provedorcrescenet.com) no seu blog eu ficaria agradecido, até mais e sucesso. If is possible add the CresceNet(www.provedorcrescenet.com) in your blogroll, I thank. Good bye friend.

RRR said...

It's rather normal to address an English speaking audience with English! But who cares, your message evidently means nothing to you either!

Kurt you've got it right, instead of highlighting them for even a single day, give them nothing, especially "name recognition"!

We have enough phuked up kids in this nation already. We do not need to be in the business of encouraging any body's 15 minutes/hours/days of fame for their dastardly deeds.

BTW; since when has religion become an issue for president? I figure by the time one is actually running they own more to more than can be counted anyway, and the GOD they may address is going to be on the bottom of the list.

Never vote for an attorney, sans the office that require them to be such! It's time to clean them out, it's just possible that normal folks can fix this thing.

Nothing wrong with being a lawyer, lots wrong with a lawyer putting themselves in the position of creating laws!

James Higham said...

Hello? Calling Bob.

meleah rebeccah said...

Terri said excatly what I was thinking....

MauserMedic said...

Hey! What are you doing two-timing me with my Portuguese spammer? And more importantly, there's Mormon-only underwear?

Scott Freeman said...

"Makes me scared to let my kids go anywhere anymore."

How many people have been killed by mass shootings in the United States in the past year? How many by road accident? Hopefully thinking about that will make you less scared, but maybe it will just do the opposite lol!

BobG,

All the news reports I have seen called it an "SKS assault rifle". Do you know which it was (obviously neither would have been an assault rifle, I mean a Siminov or a Kalshnikov)?