Thursday, March 05, 2009

No, I haven't been hacked...

...I'm just posting sooner than usual.

*********************************************

Michael Jackson is doing his final concerts. Does anyone really give a rat's ass? A fifty year old ethnically-confused has-been with short eyes. I think that curtain went down long ago.

*********************************************

I'm still trying to figure out why the Democratic Party seems to have a case of the ass for Rush Limbaugh; don't they have anything better to worry about than some blowhard on the radio? Sounds to me more like they're trying to divert everyone's attention from Porkzilla and all the other shenanigans going on in DC. Personally, I don't listen to him; I don't like either party. Of the people I know who claim to be in the two major parties, I think I know more Democrats who listen to him than Republicans. Geez, guys, if he bothers you that much just ignore him and don't listen to him; it works for me.

*********************************************

The new spending bill looks interesting.

To the embarrassment of Obama — he promised during last year's campaign to cut way back the number of so-called "earmarks" — the bill contains 7,991 pet projects totaling $5.5 billion, according to calculations by the GOP staff of the House Appropriations Committee.

Why does this surprise anyone? As I've said many times, one of the main rules of politics is that Politicians Lie; it's what they do to get votes. I don't take it personal, I just accept the fact that any time a politician can tell a lie and get away with it, he/she probably will do it out of reflex, just like Pavlov's dogs couldn't help drooling when he rang a bell.



H/T to SheeplePeople for the picture.

*********************************************

Looks like there's a good chance California supreme court will probably uphold the gay marriage ban. I don't see what the problem is; if people want a contract to be life-partners, whose business is that as long as they're consenting adults? If churches don't recognize them, that's their prerogative, but the government has no business getting into the institute of marriage. A civil contract between two people is their own damn business.
Just my opinion.

*********************************************

It dumped about four inches of snow during the night (my back warned me before I ever got up and looked out the window this morning), so todays playlist has mainly been older rock and country to try and get my spirits up.

"Burnin' for You" by Blue Öyster Cult
"See You in September" by The Happenings
"More Than a Feeling" by Boston
"Runaway" by Del Shannon
"You Were on My Mind" by We Five
"Hold Me" by Fleetwood Mac
"To Cry You a Song" by Jethro Tull
"I Only Want to Be With You" by Dusty Springfield
"I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry" by Hank Williams
"Wild Summer Nights" by John Cafferty & the Beaver Brown Band
*********************************************

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bob - so agree with you on the gay marriage thing. Why shouldn't they be as miserable as the rest of us? ;) (just kidding)

As I wonder if I will be keeping my house, I think I need to listen to a little Burnin for You....

PlungerGirl said...

I agree with everything you said.

We got the snow too. When I woke up and saw it I briefly considered lapsing into a permanent coma. I saw on the news that y'all are supposed to be getting some storms soon--please keep them and don't let them come this way. :-)

Anonymous said...

I've never listened to Rush either, I have noticed that the people who cite him seem to buy into types of hype often circulated by T.V. news. I don't mean to insult his listeners, after all, Rush was featured at CPAC with some anticipation.

I agree with you on the gay-marriage, but I do hope the ban is overturned, although I doubt it will be. Since the Supreme Court of California already views marriage as a right, how can it be discriminated by the will of a minor majority? In our constitution it requires 2/3rds agreement of the people to alter or establish a right of the people, for damn good reasons too, I hope the supreme court explains that.

terri said...

Oooh, you're on a roll! Agree, agree, agree, agree.

And from the playlist: Boston & John Cafferty!

GUYK said...

If government didn't have tax laws and in fact damn near all property laws weighed in favor of married couples there might not be such an up roar over gay marriage. I with you...I could give a damn. But I have always figured that those who choose to remain unmarried and childless are subsidizing the ones who do choose marriage and/or rugrats.

I also figuyre the reson for this is that the public would rebel sure 'nuff over income taxes if not for the deductions for children
and the deducts are just a way of scamming the public...

BobG said...

Skipper: hope you keep the house. And BÖC is always good listening.

Plungergirl: I've spent time in Wyoming, and I don't envy you the weather.

Pathogen: I gave up long ago trying to understand politics in California.

Terri: couple of the better Eighties groups.

GuyK: government is in the business of scamming people; it's their job.

MauserMedic said...

Note on MJ; saw him on the news, and as far as I can tell, most of his face is now made of Bondo. When he kicks off eventually, I seriously doubt he'll need embalming.

BobG said...

MauserMedic: when he does drop, I wonder how long it will take before anyone notices?