Saturday, March 14, 2009

No rant, I'm in a better mood today

I found an interesting/amusing item; what amounts to a golf ball rifle. The first thing that occurred to me after seeing this was a picture of someone with a shortened version popping a burglar between the eyes with a golf ball.



********************************************

The last snow has melted away, except for patches in the shade on the north side of buildings and trees; spring is trying to pop up around here. For those who like nature photos, these are from my yard. Click to enlarge photos.


Some crocuses in my flower garden.


Violets



One of my Swiss chard plants coming up early


A catkin from a quaking aspen


One of my miniature roses is leafing out.


One of a pair of doves; they are quite numerous in our neighborhood.



How are things coming up in your neighborhood?

********************************************

Some old, some very old.

"Turn! Turn! Turn! (To Everything There Is a Season)" by The Byrds
"Highwayman" by Johnny Cash/Kris Kristofferson/Waylon Jennings/Willie Nelson
"Cat's in the Cradle" by Harry Chapin
"Today" by The New Christy Minstrels
"Spinning Wheel" by Blood, Sweat & Tears
"Summertime Blues" by Eddie Cochran
"Michelle" by The Beatles
"Against the Wind" by Bob Seger
"All Over The World" by Electric Light Orchestra
"Right Down the Line" by Gerry Rafferty

********************************************

8 comments:

Michele said...

I'm glad you are getting the signs of spring coming your way.... I am still waiting for the warm weather to loft over here which I'm sure it will soon.
Snow still covers the ground and the lakes are frozen solid.
No signs of Spring to be found anywhere just yet.

I hope you are feeling better these days.

terri said...

Cat's in the Cradle... love that one. And I'm so glad to see the return of your nature photos. My yard isn't quite ready for nature photos but the snow is beginning to melt. Glad you're feeling better.

Anonymous said...

i like picture flower

BobG said...

Michele: I am glad to see you are getting out and about; I get worried about you sometimes, and check at your blogs quite often. I just wish my photos were as good as the ones you have posted.

terri: it's good to have something besides snow to photograph. Our mountains are still full of snow, but here in Salt Lake Valley it is clear for now.

gadis: drop by anytime; there will hopefully be more in the near future.

MauserMedic said...

Like the golfball launcher; great idea to keep those pesky kids of the lawn! Now they need to do a little more engineering and make it magazine fed :)

James Higham said...

The mood's good but the post suffers. :)

GeologyJoe said...

Bob, still got about 14 inches of snow on the ground. It's getting there thou. At least the roads are dry.

none said...

I'd love to have one of those launchers.

Great pics of spring!