Monday, March 09, 2009

Who was the idiot who invented the term "The Golden Years"?

Been laid up most of the weekend; the weather has been changing and my back decided I didn't really need the ability to stand upright, walk, or anything else that involves using the lower back muscles and/or sciatic nerves. The air pressure seems to have evened out (it's snowing outside right now), so I am able to hobble about for now. It's getting where any day you can get out of bed without help is considered a good day.
Had to see my cardiologist today for my periodic checkup; my heart doesn't seem to be getting any worse, but I still need to get my weight down to a reasonable level. More calorie cutting and more time exercising, I guess. Amazing how your body gets so damn goofy when you get older. Years ago I could eat more than I do now, and only weigh a fraction as much. Of course, that was when hair grew on the top of my head, where it belongs, instead of trying to grow out of my nose and ears.

********************************************

Barbie is 50 years old; in keeping with her age, this is the latest model:



********************************************

Every day when I decide to listen to music while on the computer, I open my music program and toss a bunch of songs together for the day's playlist, so each day tends to be a bit different. I have a few basic lists that I modify on occasion, but usually my mood determines what I'll be listening to. Today's list, for some unfathomable reason, is all female singers. Some of the top ten in the shuffle may be familiar to you, but a few of them have been around a long time.

"Queen of Hearts" by Juice Newton
"Midnight at the Oasis" by ReneƩ Olstead
"Have You Never Been Mellow" by Olivia Newton-John
"Wishin' & Hopin'" by Dusty Springfield
"Born to Fly" by Sara Evans
"To Sir with Love" by Lulu
"Both Sides Now" by Judy Collins
"Society's Child" by Janis Ian
"Cold, Cold Heart" by Norah Jones
"Dreamboat Annie" by Heart

4 comments:

Kenny said...

Sorry about your back, I have had back problems in the past and I know how you feel, and it sucks. I see my cardiologist later this month and I am not looking forward to it. I promised her I would be down a number of pounds I have have not moved an ounce. Maybe if I fast for the next two weeks?

terri said...

Sorry to hear you haven't been feeling well. I hope the coming spring weather brings some relief.

Good playlist today.. I like 'em all.

James Higham said...

Get better.

Bob G. said...

Bob G:
Hope your back gets better...
I have my "good 'n bad" days myself.

I guess I should NEVER have fallen through that roof all those years ago (in another lifetime)...LOL.

I like the song list...BORN TO FLY (one of my personal favorites - Sara Evans is REAL easy on these eyes)

Hang in there "brother".

(the other)Bob G.
(Indiana)