Saturday, September 29, 2007

Global warming is here

Had to go out and do a few chores at my mom's place; she lives about 50-60 miles SW of Salt Lake City. The weather wasn't the best, as these pictures taken a bit north of her show:




Between the fog and the snow, it was hard to see very far. It made it difficult to see the cattle that were wandering about at times, so we drove a little slower than usual today.
Here in Salt Lake Valley we just have sleet.

Bunch of oldies in today's playlist; most are probably older than a lot of the readers here:

"Summertime" by Janis Joplin & Her Kozmic Blues Band
"Wishful Sinful" by The Doors
"Fresh Garbage" by Spirit
"Red, Red Wine" by Neil Diamond
"Wooly Bully" by Sam the Sham & the Pharaohs
"Hungry" by Paul Revere & the Raiders
"Stop, Stop, Stop" by The Hollies
"Possession" by Iron Butterfly
"Oye Como Va" by Santana
"I Am a Rock" by Simon & Garfunkel

Anybody out there know all of them?

9 comments:

AlanDP said...

I can't get to my record collection right now, but I think I have the Spirit album that that song is on. Bought it as a semi-collectible about 20 years ago, when I found it in very good condition for original vinyl. They were an interesting group, one of the first to combine elements of jazz with rock. And the drummer was old enough to be the father of everyone else in the group.

BobG said...

He was the stepfather (or uncle, I forget which) to Johnny California, the lead singer.

James Higham said...

Fascinating stuff, Bob but what's it got to do with Global Warming?

breda said...

oh no! snow!

BobG said...

"Fascinating stuff, Bob but what's it got to do with Global Warming?"

Not a thing, but it seemed like something interesting to add onto the post about the weather.

H2o said...

I would love to see some snow right now. It was 90 degrees today. Ugh...

MauserMedic said...

All these years, and I thought "Red, Red Wine" was by UB40. As for the snow, it's off to Texas in January, then Sinai. Screw winter.

Buckaroo Banzai said...

But, Al Gore told me that the Earth "has a fever?"

BobG said...

"But, Al Gore told me that the Earth "has a fever?""

Only if you're using a rectal thermometer.