Tuesday, September 11, 2007

More tunes to lighten the load

Decided to put together blogroll, then paste the whole thing together in my blog at once. While I'm doing this, I have a playlist of oldies that I enjoy, this is the first ten in the list:

"Eve of Destruction" by Barry McGuire
"Tequila" by The Champs
"Happy Together" by The Turtles
"A Summer Song" by Chad & Jeremy
"Walk, Don't Run" by The Ventures
"Sock It To Me-Baby!" by Mitch Ryder & The Detroit Wheels
"The Sun Ain't Gonna Shine Anymore" by The Walker Brothers
"Lil' Red Riding Hood" by Sam the Sham & the Pharaohs
"Stay" by Maurice Williams & the Zodiacs
"Sky Pilot" by Eric Burdon & The Animals

Anybody out there old enough to remember any of those?

10 comments:

H2o said...

I guess this pick was before my time...I don't reconize any of the songs.

Buckaroo Banzai said...

Walk, Don't Run is one of my oldie faves!

James Burnett said...

Bob, I don't suppose I'm technically old enough to "remember" these tunes, but I know them nonetheless. But then again, I'm an old soul. When I was in high school in the late 80s/early '90s and my friends were listening to the latest bubblegum pop, I was listening to old reruns of variety shows like Jack Benny, Amos and Andy, Phil Harris & Alice Fay, and Fibber McGee and Molly.

Good list.

Comrade Misfit said...

"Eve of Destruction" was the first album I ever owned.

The Eastern world,
It is exploding.
Violence flaring,
Bullets loading.
You're old enough to kill,
But not for voting.
You don't believe in war,
But what's that gun you're toting?
And even the Jordan River,
Has bodies floating.

But you
tell me
over and over and over again
you don't believe
we're on the eve of destruction

(And no, I did not have to look that up anywhere. It's been in my brain for over 40 years, now.)

GUYK said...

yep

BobG said...

A lot of people are familiar with some of these, but just don't know them by name.

"Eve of Destruction" still seems somewhat relevant now; many of the lyrics enumerate problems that are still issues in modern society.

Kenny said...

Lil red riding hood was never on my play list. But the other are great.

theirritablearchitect said...

At 20 years your junior, I not only know these songs, but could probably sing all but one from memory.

My parents had a great deal of influence in what was listened to in the house during my formative years.

BobG said...

Just out of curiosity, which one was it?

BobG said...

A Summer Song by Chad and Jeremy is one of my all time favorites.