Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Hope springtime gets here soon


For those who are still having snow in their area, you may like this picture my wife sent me that she got in an email.

Click to enlarge.









***************************************************

The Momster has tagged me with a meme to list five things about myself.

1. I am afraid of heights. Being in an airplane looking out the window, or looking out the window of a tall building does not bother me, but get me three feet up a ladder and I feel queasy. Makes no sense, but that's how it works.

2. Some of my favorite condiments on a hamburger are sauerkraut and jalapeƱos.

3. I had perfect teeth until I was 48 years old. That year over a dozen went bad, and two had to be pulled. That was also the same year that my eyes went to hell and I had to start using reading glasses.

4. I enjoy target shooting, but have difficulty hitting flat targets. For some unexplained reason I can hit small objects easier than large circles on a piece of paper.

5. Unless I am ill, I have trouble sleeping more than 4 or 5 hours.

If anyone wants to do this meme, feel free.

****************************************************

More old stuff on the playlist. Today's top ten are an interesting mix.

"San Antonio Rose" by Patsy Cline
"Sukiyaki" by Kyu Sakamoto
"Sunday Will Never Be the Same" by Spanky & Our Gang
"Something's Burning" by Kenny Rogers and The First Edition
"Try (Just a Little Bit Harder)" by Janis Joplin & Her Kozmic Blues Band
"The Streets of Laredo" by Eddy Arnold
"We Gotta Get Out of This Place" by The Animals
"Memphis" by Chuck Berry
"Don't You Feel Small" by The Moody Blues
"Me and Paul" by Willie Nelson

Most of these are probably too old for most of you to remember.

13 comments:

none said...

I'm better at plinking too.

Anonymous said...

I share your fear of heights. I'm affected the same way. Now as for only sleeping 4 or 5 hours... HOW do you do it? I need at least 6, but 7 or 8 is even better, not that I ever get much beyond 6.

BobG said...

The short hours are not by choice; I wish I could sleep more than that.

Michele said...

MMmm... sauerkraut is my favorite but hot and spicy stuff is not my thing...

Love the snow photo... I could see that infront of my building for sure!! Heh... :D

Anonymous said...

ha ha ha ha ha

THAT is a GREAT photo. I know JUST who to send that too!

Anonymous said...

I'm getting older than dirt, because I remember those songs--except for the Eddy Arnold. I can only remember Marty Robbins!

Rich

BobG said...

If your getting older than dirt, then I'm already there.

(Rich is my younger brother.)

Mike W. said...

Awesome photo. I'm just happy it was in the high 50's today. Spring is almost here.

Buckaroo Banzai said...

Sauerkraut and japalenos???

BobG said...

"Sauerkraut and japalenos???"

Yep, I like spicy food. One thing you will not find in my home is ketchup; I haven't owned a bottle of that stuff in years.

JDP said...

BobG I am ready for summer to get here. When it is 100 degrees plus in August, I am sure I will ready for winter.

JDP

H2o said...

I'm with ya on the heights. I can't stand being on a ladder. What's funny is I'm tall. :)

Anonymous said...

I am with you on the heights thing.
I can remember all of the songs you listed.
I found you from a comment you left on Because I Said So.