Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Where does the time go?

Looking at my records, today is the second anniversary of my blog. I find it hard to believe that I have been scribbling for this long. I don't blog everyday, and sometimes it is just fluff and chatter, but it gives me a chance to connect with other people around the world, and if some of them like what I have written now and then, I must be doing something right, even if by accident. I've only had about 15K hits in all this time, but to me it is more important that some of them were good people coming to comment or lend support in bad times, and laugh at the good times. For me the quality of the visitors is more important than the quantity, so I feel good about the hits I get, because I know most of them from their blogs, most of which are a lot better than this one. Thanks for the company, I hope I can get better over time.

****************************************

I notice a lot of the fellow gun owners are blogging about the Heller case before the SCOTUS today; most of them are doing a lot better job than I could, so I will leave that to them.

****************************************

From the looks of the presidential skirmishes, I think things are going to get a lot uglier before they get better. I've seen a lot of mud slinging in the past, but I think this campaign is going to have some of the worst back-stabbing, rumor-spreading, and downright shit-slinging that we've seen in a while. This will not be a pretty election.

****************************************

The top ten in todays playlist are older tunes, as usual. Some of them I would have to refer to as definite classics.

"Respect" by Aretha Franklin
"Night and Day" by Tommy Dorsey
"Walk on By" by Leroy Van Dyke
"Love Child" by Diana Ross & the Supremes
"Venus" by Shocking Blue
"Suspicious Minds" by Jessi Colter/Waylon Jennings
"Chitlins con Carne" by Johnny Copeland/Stevie Ray Vaughan and Double Troubl
"Takin' Care of Business" by Bachman-Turner Overdrive
"El Gato Triste" by Chuck Mangione
"You Didn't Have to Be So Nice" by The Lovin' Spoonful

11 comments:

MauserMedic said...

Congratulations! Time does whip by.

Grendel said...

Happy blog birthday from Blighty.

G

Cowboy Blob said...

Happy Blogiversary! Many more to ya!

Ambulance Driver said...

Happy Blogiversary!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your blogiversary!

KeesKennis said...

2 years old, wow.
Happy for you and happy for me.

Yuri Orlov said...

Happy Blogiversary! :-)

Marian Ann Love said...

Happy 2nd Blogging Anniversary to you BobG...I'm working towards my second year now. May you have many more years and meet many more nice people! Wishing you and yours a very Happy Easter! Marian :)

H2o said...

Happy 2nd Birthday!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Blog! xxoo

Buckaroo Banzai said...

Happy belated blogiversary, sir!